Introduced Species (2013) commissioned by Melbourne Symphony Orchestra has had a variety of resources developed which I will list here for teachers, students and those interested.
Composition Analysis and Teacher Resource: prepared by the composer.
- includes analysis and discussion of writing process
- Composition exercises for the classroom
- 30-page document with musical examples
- Available on this site
4-minute animation by 3 animators responding to the music of Introduced Species: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xl2eXzkE3A
Archival Recording: https://soundcloud.com/sydney-symphony/introduced-species-archival-rec-luke-dollman-melbourne-symphony-orchestra
Representing Plastic - Blog Piece by Assoc. Prof Ruth Barcan (Centre for Gender and Cultural studies, Sydney University) about the Vivid Festival / Sydney Symphony event with Introduced Species
More resources are currently being developed for this work and will be added to this page.
Performances of Introduced Species to date:
- March 2014 (4 performances) Melbourne Symphony Orchestra / Dollman
- March 2015 (4 performances) Melbourne Symphony Orchestra / Dollman
- June 2015 (1 performance) Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra / Northey
- October 2016 (1 performance) Univeristy of Melbourne Symphony Orchestra / Russell
- May/June 2018 (8 performances) Sydney Symphony Orchestra / Grandage
- May 2018 (Vivid Festival/Sydney Ideas) Sydney Symphony Orchestra / Grandage